- BBC Bitesize – Anglo SaxonsThis site includes some great information, images and videos to provide a comprehensive overview of the Anglo-Saxons. The videos include information about Saxon life, why the Anglo-Saxons came to Britain and Alfred the Great.
- Britons, Saxons, Scots & Picts – Early British Kingdoms for KidsA great site written for children, covering just about everything you need to know about the Saxons. It covers many topics including King Arthur, people, kings, places to live, religion and clothing.
- Sutton Hoo and Europe, AD 300-1100 – The British MuseumA great resource featuring images of objects found during the Sutton Hoo excavation. Includes images of weaponry, such as a sword, shield and the famous helmet.
- History Cookbook – Cookit!Information about how food was produced, preserved and cooked.
- Anglo-Saxon house – a reconstruction – YouTubeThis six-minute video explains techniques used to build a Saxon house.
- Vikings – BBC BitesizeThis site is full of facts, images and videos and provides a brilliant overview of the Vikings. The videos cover a vast array of topics including where Vikings came from, everyday life, longboats and gods.
- Viking Food – BBC HistoryText with pictures describing what food Vikings used to eat on typical days and feast nights, suitable for teachers.
- Viking Sagas – BBC School RadioA set of animated mini Viking sagas about the gods Odin, Freya and Thor, lasting approximately five minutes each.
- Fun Facts on Viking Gods – Kids Fun FactsFifteen facts about legendary Viking gods.
- Saxon Shore FortsAn interactive resource, which allows you to zoom in on the forts.
- The Search for King Arthur – National GeographicThis three-minute video summarises the legend of King Arthur. NOTE: Some fighting scenes are included.
- The Legend of King Arthur, by Bishop Thomas Percy (Editor) – University of RochesterA copy of the poem.
Alfred The Great
- Middle Ages – Alfred the Great – DuckstersA biography written for children about the King.
- Alfred the Great – Royal Berkshire History for KidsA short summary of Alfred the Great’s life.