Enlarging their windows on the world and building a relationship with God are the dual objectives of this club, which is designed for children ages 10-15.
Young people learn skills that help them to become leaders within their communities, schools and churches. Skills in household arts, crafts & hobbies, health science, nature, outreach, recreation and vocation are taught. They learn to share and care about others as they become involved in community service projects. Children can feel proud of belonging to a group that encourages and helps them to be the most caring people they can possibly become.
- Help the young people to understand that God and His church love them, care for them, and appreciate them.
- Encourage Pathfinders to discover their own God-given potential and to use their gifts and abilities to fulfill God’s expectations for them and the part they can play in the great plan of salvation.
- Inspire young people to give personal expression of their love for God by uniting them together in various outreach activities.
- Build into a Pathfinder’s life a healthy appreciation and love for God’s creation by enjoying outdoor activity (campouts, nature walks, nature honors, etc.).
- Teach Pathfinders specific skills and hobbies that will make their lives more meaningful and will occupy their time with profitable accomplishments.
- Encourage the Pathfinder to keep physically fit.
- Give opportunity for the development of leadership by encouraging club members to work together and share in leadership responsibility.
- Seek to foster the harmonious development of the physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual life of the Pathfinder. T
The Advent Message to all the world in my generation.
The love of Christ compels us.
Honors are a core portion of the overall Pathfinder curriculum. There are well over 400 Honors that can be earned, covering a wide variety of interests, from art to music to vocational pursuits. Each honor is designed to be a course of study that introduces a subject. This subject will have practical value and will enhance the lifestyle of children pursuing the honor. Honor study will also assist children in their development as a well-rounded Christian by directly affecting the social, emotional, physical, and spiritual aspects of life.