Dear Parents and Carers,
This week is Anti- Bullying Week and the whole school have been participating in numerous activities centred around Anti-bullying. I want to draw your attention to online bullying (also known as cyberbullying) this is when bullying that takes place ON THE INTERNET (online) or via electronic devices and mobile phones.
Online Bullying can include:
- Sending someone mean or threatening emails, direct messages or text messages
- Hacking into someone’s online account
- Being rude or mean to someone when playing online games
- Posting private or embarrassing photos online or sending them to others
- Creating fake social media accounts that mock someone or trick them Excluding someone from an online conversation or blocking them for no reason.
Please have a look at the attached guide created by National Online safety, you’ll find tips on a number of potential risks such as mental wellbeing, distress and sadness.
If you do have any issues or concerns around online bullying, then please contact the Designated Safe Guarding lead, Mrs Adewole, via the school office or myself on my direct email.
Mrs T Madden