Some children will need to stay at home for various reasons, including general illness and those having to self-isolate.
We have put in place an interim arrangement to support those children at home with learning:
- At the start of the day, parents will be sent an email with an outline of specified subject activities for that day.
- Pupils have been provided with an exercise book along with other workbooks such as CGP Science, Maths and Reading Comprehension. Please do not use these unless they are referred to in the daily email which will include the suggested activities for the day.
- Children who are at home and are well enough should complete these activities.
- They will not need to bring any work back into school but can add things onto their ClassDojo portfolio.
- Children at home are also encouraged to access the range of general remote learning platforms that we have (see further down this page).
This is also an opportunity for your child to create a project around an area that they are really interested in. They could research the topic and report their findings. They could make a short film, design a set of revision cards to share with their friends. They could make a model, write a song or poem linked to the topic!
Alternatively, take a look at the Cornerstones Long Term Plans on the Curriculum Overview page to see what your child would have been learning if they had been in school. Pick a topic area and find a link (see below) that may support that learning or use a search engine to research that area as a team! Don’t forget to upload your learning onto Class Dojo!
OTHER HOME LEARNING LINKS
White Rose Maths: Online maths lessons covering all year groups.
BBC Bitesize Daily: Online lessons covering all year groups and a range of subjects.
Oak National Academy: Online lessons covering all year groups and a range of subjects.
Class Dojo: Lots of activities and a place to upload you work to your portfolio
School E-Learning Subscriptions
Times Tables Rockstars: Practice your times tables and quick maths recall skills
Mathletics: An engaging online maths program to practise and learn various topics
Reading Eggs: makes learning to read interesting and engaging for kids, with great online reading games and activities
Please email the class teacher or the school office if you need your child’s login details.
Other Useful Website links to support learning at home:
Times Tables Rock Stars
Great for Times Tables!
Learning at home packs
Creative computer programming
National Geographic Kids
Activities and quizzes for younger children.
Listening activities for the younger ones.
Big History Project
Aimed at Secondary age. Multi-disciplinary activities.
The Artful Parent
Free art activities
Red Ted Art
Easy arts and crafts for little ones
The Imagination Tree
Creative art and craft activities for the very youngest.
Educational online games
DK Find Out
Activities and quizzes
Free virtual tours
Fun Lego tasks
Learn computer skills for free
This is more for printouts, and usually at a fee, but they are offering a month of free access to parents in the event of school closures.
Please email the class teacher or school office any questions regarding the home learning and staff will do their best to help out.