As we move towards exam and SAT season, Young Minds have launched advice for parents about supporting their children.
It is so important to know how best to support your child during exam time – have you heard of Young Minds – and the work they are doing to support child mental health?
These tips include:
- Encourage your child to take revision breaks and find a balance between studying and doing things they find enjoyable and relaxing.
- Make sure they are eating and drinking at regular intervals.
- Reassure them – reinforce that you are and will be proud of them no matter what happens.
- Remain positive and hopeful!
- Let the know their feelings are valid and normal, but also offer support and solutions where possible.
- Anxiety is often worst at night and this means it is useful to encourage good bedtime routine.
You can find out more here:
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the upcoming SATS please do come and speak to your child’s Class Teacher, the Head or Deputy Head Teacher. Thank you!
Mrs R Dean – Roberts