At Stanborough Primary, we have partnered with National Online Safety to ensure that children have access to high quality online safety resources which enables them to stay safe online.
National Online Safety’s mission is to make the internet a safer place for children. They achieve this through equipping school staff, parents and children with the knowledge they need to understand online dangers and how best to react should an incident arise.
They achieve this through the execution of multiple initiatives which help reduce online risks:
- NOS certification membership for schools showcasing commitment to Online Safety education
- Online Safety courses for the whole school community including staff, parents and pupils
- Specialist training in key topics related to keeping children safe online
- Online Safety educational resources and classroom packs to support Teachers to teach Online Safety as part of a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Partnerships forged with educational institutions across the UK
It is their mission to empower teachers, school staff, parents and carers with the knowledge they need to keep children safe online.
They aim to be at the forefront of educational awareness of internet safety in the UK. They make learning fun, interactive, challenging and memorable.
Children are reminded about being SMART online –
Here are some websites that we found useful.
LGfL Online Safety – https://www.lgfl.net/online-safety/key-safeguarding-bodies
The LGFL (London Grid for Learning) offers a section on online safety with further websites, stories and ideas about keeping safe using electrical devices.
|Think U KNow (5-7) www.thinkuknow.co.uk/5_7/||Think U Know (8-10) www.thinkuknow.co.uk/8_10/||BBC Safe Surfing www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/help/safesurfing|
We are continually looking at ways to support you and your child so contact the school at [email protected] if you feel we can help with your online safety concerns.